Bunions or bony bumps are caused due to the deformation of the big toe bone in the outwards direction. The problem is generally seen as a result of uneven pressure over the joints of the big toe, causing it to stick outwards.
But this problem can be cured at home with some basic remedies (home-based) avoiding the need of undergoing any surgery. Here are some of the basic processes you could follow:
REMEDY #1 TO CURE BUNIONS AT HOME: ICE
Ice therapy is often considered a good cure for bunions. The inflammation and soreness caused by bunions are generally due to the pressure caused on your feet after standing or walking for long periods of time. Ice therapy can help you relieve that inflammation and gives you relief from pain.
- Crush some ice and put it in a soft cloth (towel can be used).
- Wrap it around the affected area.
- Let the ice do its trick for 10-15 minutes.
- Try to repeat the process 3-4 times daily.
REMEDY #2: FOOT EXERCISE
Exercising can also help you cure the problem. It will increase the flexibility of your toe and help to reduce the pain sensation.
- Place your hand fingers in the interlaced position with your toes.
- Start rotating your toes in the circular motion, going back and forth and upward and downward position.
- Repeat the procedure 3- 4 times a day for 10-15 minutes.
This will help to bring your deformed big toe to its original position and increase flexibility. Also for maximum benefit from foot exercises, you should check shoes for bunions.
REMEDY #3: TURMERIC
Turmeric can help you relieve the pain and treat the bunions in a natural way. The pain and inflammation are cured by the key component of turmeric, which is Curcumin. This component has the ability to block pain and help you feel relaxed.
- Make a fine paste of turmeric and a little olive oil. (1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder).
- Use it directly on the affected area 2-3 times a day.
- Repeat the process for weeks.
- Drink a glass full of warm milk regularly, mixed with a teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Continue the process till you get relieved.
REMEDY #4: MASSAGE
Another way to get relief from this problem is to massage the bunion region regularly. This will help you alleviate the pain and get relief from the problem. The massage should be aimed to increase blood circulation and provide relief from discomforts around the affected area. Massage can also help to keep the bunion effects in check i.e. the size and pain in control.
- Use some oil to rub the affected area. Coconut =, olive or castor oil should be your primary choice for massaging the bunion.
- Rub and massage the area intensively for deep friction massage.
- Continue the process for 10-15 minutes and 3 to 4 times every day.
These were some general course of actions to cure the problem but if the pain and the problem do not cease, you should not waste much time and seek assistance from an experienced professional Doctor. Hope these tips can help cure the bunions with ease.